Welcome

Welcome to my blog!!

I'd love to have you among my "followers". You don't have to read my ramblings.... just follow.

Friday, June 26, 2009

New Etsy Store




I came across this beautiful jewelry shop on Etsy. Normally, I don't pay much attention to jewelry because I am allergic to metal, but this girl's pieces are exquisite.


I looked at her profile and was blown away by her dedication to jewelry making and her life in general. Here is her story.............. enjoy!




My name is Jihee kim born and raised in Seoul, South Korea. I came to the United States to study MBA and have worked for International Financial Organization for several years in Washingtone D.C.. After I got married, I have lived in several different places such as Singapore, L.A., and Miami. Currently I live in Seattle with my husband and two adorble boys. It was great experience to learn different cities' own life stlyes, cultures and food. One of my unforgettable taste of food was "Black Pepper Sri Lankan Crab" in Singapore. If you go there, don't forget to try that. One day, I just happened to sign up whole day class of "how to make earrings" at Community college which was availabe on Saturday. After I took that class, the rest is history. I can not stop thinking of new design. I decided to make jewelries for the rest of my life! I never expect that class was going to change my life. The most great pleasure to make jewelry is creativity. There are always a lot of possibilities to make unique piece of jewelry with same beads. Creation of jewelry with beautiful materials makes me feel so live and happy. I do oil paintings, but making jewelry gives me more instant gratification and fun to work with beautiful and precious gems all the time. When I am at bead stores, I feel like being at candy stores like a little girl.When I make jewelries, I am always thinking of the person who is going to wear them and doing my best to help person look more beautiful and feel more confident on them. I hope my dedication and efforts show on my jewelries.


You can see her beautiful things at http://arionjewelry.etsy.com/

2 comments: